This 70 +/- acres sits in the far southeastern corner of Liberty Township in Buchanan County; one half mile east of Quasqueton, Iowa and approximately 11 miles east of Independence, Iowa. 43.82 +/- cropland acres with a CSR2 of 65, Clyde-Floyd complex, Flagler sandy loam, and Olin fine sandy loam soils make up the majority of the tillable acres. The farm is leased for the 2021 growing season. The remaining 24-25 acres is made up of timber and brushy areas, as well as the Smith Creek running north to south along the east end of the property. This is a great opportunity for local farmers to expand their current farming operation. This could also be a great place to build your dream home with a country living atmosphere, income, and recreation, within 40 minutes of either Cedar Rapids or Waterloo, Iowa.
Call Land Agent Nick Skinner at 515-650-0974 or Land Broker Cody Skinner at 515-443-6343 today to set up a private showing.
- 70 +/- acres
- 43.82 +/- cropland acres
- 43.82 +/- tillable acres
- 65 CSR2 on tillable acres
- 24-25 acres of timber and brush for recreation
- Smith Creek runs through the property
- Potential building location close to town
- Access from 275th St. but there is potential for access from highway D47
- One half mile east of Quasqueton, Iowa
- 12 miles east of Independence, Iowa
- 32 miles from Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- 37 miles from Waterloo, Iowa
Brief Legal Description
- 70 +/- acres located in Buchanan County, Iowa; Liberty Township, Section 35. Exact legal will come from the deed.
- Taxes – $1,457 Annually (2021 estimated)
From Quasqueton, Iowa
- Travel southeast on Linn St. 0.3 miles
- Turn left onto 10th St.
- Then turn right onto 275th St. for 0.3 miles
- The farm is located on the south side of the road
- Look for “ For Sale “ signs.