Lucas County 35.9 – SOLD
Iowa Land Company is proud to represent the Gorden “North 40”. A nice farm with lots of options. The farm provides a nice mix of cropland acres along with thermal cover and timber on the southwest corner. Nice small tracts like this with 45 minutes to the Des Moines metro can be hard to find in this price range. Maybe you are thinking of the perfect spot to build? The middle ridge would be a perfect spot for a single family home with buildings and livestock grazing off in the distance. The open ground would be perfect for additional farm income or hay acres to feed your livestock in the winter months. There are currently 20 +/- acres in row crop production carrying a CSR2 of 48.7 on the cropland acres. With some clean up of 5-8 acres, the additional acres could easily be put into hay production. Recreational, income, and buildable! If you are in the market you’ll want to see this one!
For more information on this Lucas County property, call Land Broker Luke Skinner 515-468-3610 or Land Agent Nick Skinner 515-650-0974.
- 20 +/- FSA cropland acres
- Great place to build a nice hobby acreage
- 20 +/- acres are currently in a corn bean rotation with a 48.7 CSR2 weighted average on the tillable acres. Farm is leased for the 2021 farming season
- 3-4 acres in hay production currently on a share crop agreement
- Secluded from road
- 45 miles from West Des Moines or Altoona, Iowa and 20 miles to Indianola, Iowa.
- 1.25 miles East of Highway 65
Brief Legal Description
- 35.9 +/- acres located in Lucas County, Iowa; Ottercreek Township, Section 2, Range 23. Exact legal will come from the deed. Sale is subject to survey.
- Taxes – $568 Annually (2020 estimated)
From Liberty Center, Iowa
- Travel 4.4 miles south out of town on US-65 (Highway 65).
- Turn left or go east on to 570th street 1 miles
- Property will be on the south or right side of the road
- Main entrance is on the east side of the farm