Lucas County 190 – SOLD
Iowa Land Company is proud to represent the Gorden farm. This farm has everything you need as a serious whitetail hunter to be successful every year. You can experience great hunting and be within 45 miles from West Des Moines or Altoona, Iowa and 20 miles to Indianola, Iowa. Located just 1.5 miles east of Highway 65, these 190 +/- acres consist of 49.5 +/- pasture acres that are currently being grazed. Of those 49.5 +/- acres 30.5 +/- acres are considered FSA cropland acres giving you the option for additional income, bedding cover, or additional acres for secluded food plots. 104.5 +/- timber acres with mature walnut, white oaks, hickory, and cedars scattered throughout making for tremendous cover to hold whitetails year round. Stony Creek runs through the south end of the farm providing water and access to potential stand sites throughout the timber. 14.50 +/- acres are currently in a corn bean rotation with a 50.1 CSR2 weighted average on the tillable acres. 24.25 +/- acres are currently in hay cut twice a year. The owner is currently in a flex farm lease for the 2021 farming season, call agent for details. The nice thing about this farm is the foundation is set and you can customize it to your liking with switchgrass, food plots, box blinds, TSI, entry and exit routes, etc….. Farms like this are hard to find in Lucas County that provide great hunting, seclusion and are located within 45 minutes of Des Moines.
For more information on this Lucas County property, call Land Agent Nick Skinner 515-650-0974 or Land Broker Luke Skinner 515-468-3610.
- 57 +/- FSA cropland acres
- Great whitetail deer and turkey hunting
- 49.5 +/- pasture acres that are currently being grazed (30.5 +/- acres are considered cropland)
- 104.5 +/- timber acres with mature walnut, white oaks, hickory, and cedars
- 14.50 +/- acres are currently in a corn bean rotation with a CSR2 weighted average on the tillable acres of 50.1. Farm is leased for the 2021 farming season
- 24.25 +/- acres are currently in hay cut twice a year.
- Stony Creek runs through the south end of the farm
- Secluded from road
- Sale will be subject to survey
- 45 miles from West Des Moines or Altoona, Iowa and 20 miles to Indianola, Iowa.
- 1.5 miles East of Highway 65
Brief Legal Description
- 190 +/- acres located in Lucas County, Iowa; Ottercreek Township, Section 12, Range 23. Exact legal will come from the deed. Sale is subject to survey.
- Taxes – $1,868 Annually (2020 estimated)
From Liberty Center, Iowa
- Travel 4.4 miles south out of town on US-65 (Highway 65).
- Turn left or go east on to 570th street 1.5 miles
- Turn right or go south on 150th street .25 mile
- Property will be on the east or left side of the road
- Land for sale sign is located at the entrance