Located just off interstate I-35 in Northern Decatur County, Iowa this property offers an excellent recreational opportunity to purchase 35.03 +/- acres in Decatur County. This property sits just south of Van Wert, Iowa. The property consists of a good mix of farmland, timber, grownup tree oak trees (previous tree CRP program), a pond and much more! Some of the farmland fields set up great for hunting opportunities. The 8 +/- cropland acres add a great source of income and easy food plot planting, just buy some standing crop back and your setup for the gun seasons. The main timber that runs through the farm has openings for interior food plots for the avid bowhunter. The stocked pond adds extra recreational opportunity throughout the year I personally Ice fished the pond and it is full of BIG bluegill (7in-10in) and Crappies (13in-15in +). Bass are also abundant in the pond. There are multiple building sites on the property perfect for your dream home or a weekend cabin getaway. This property really has it all, great building locations, recreational use, and more. Decatur county, Iowa and the Van Wert, Iowa area produces great deer year in and year out.
You will not be disappointed in the amount of deer sign on this property. To set up a private showing on this Decatur County, Iowa property, contact Land Broker Matt Skinner 515-443-5004
- 8 +/- tillable acres
- Great food plot locations for both standing grain and green plot sources.
- Close to I-35, 50 minutes from Des Moines
- Scenic building potential
- Creek system throughout
- Low pressure hunting area
- Stocked pond for fishing throughout the entire year BIG bluegill and Crappies. Stocked with nice bass.
- A recreational paradise
Brief Legal Description
- Section 13 Long Creek TWP Decatur County. Exact legal description will come from deed at transfer
- 60.60 +/- taxable acres (county assessor)
- $924 annual taxes
From Van Wert, Iowa
- Go South on 215th Ave .75 miles the property will be on the east side
- Signage is on the property