Located in Monroe County, Iowa lies this 387 +/- deeded acre whitetail mecca. The terrain, minimal pressure, engineered food plot designs, bulletproof entry and exit stand access, interior trail system, six redneck tower blinds, and a QDM managed neighborhood make up the short list of what makes this farm dynamic to the serious whitetail manager. Located in a very top end neighborhood, where neighboring landowners work together to manage quality age structure, makes this area super special in many ways.
As you tour the farm, you will realize the seclusion and dynamic terrain this farm offers! Big hardwood timber oak ridges, CRP acres, tillable farmland acres, thick bedding thickets, and abundant cover. With years of hard work spent improving the habitat, the cover on this farm is one that you have to see in person to truly appreciate. The access from the southeast, northeast, and northwest allows for seamless entry and exit routes perfect for an easy in and out evening ambush with exterior food plots staged on ridge tops. Interior clover, tuber, and cereal grain food plots with edging transitioning to thick creek bottom cover allow the avid bowhunter endless possibilities for early season through November rut hunts, knowing any minute a giant could appear. Late season grain (corn, bean, and sorghum) plots have been planted in secluded locations close to cover to allow deer to bed close and utilize grains to rebuild after the tough rut conditions. It’s not uncommon to see 50 plus deer in the field during late season hunts on this farm. The countless amount of sheds, trail camera photos, and video footage make the history on this farm unmatched on the market. The idea was simple, but the work was not. Quality is king when it comes to premier hunting farms, and this is one of the best whitetail deer farms to ever hit the market.
For more information on this one of a kind, world class hunting farm, call Land Agent Nick Skinner at 515-650-0974 or Land Broker Luke Skinner at 515-468-3610 today to set up a private showing. Buyers must be qualified and will be asked to show proof of funds.
- The age structure in this region of Iowa is world class (See trail camera photos)
- Abundance of wild turkeys
- TSI was done in stages from 2004-2008, great thick nasty bedding cover
- 6 Redneck Tower Blinds come with the property
- Numerous established food plots strategically placed throughout the entire farm
- Interior trail system with multiple creek crossings that have been improved by the current owner
- Numerous wildlife habitat enhancement projects have been created on the farm to help improve the habitat for deer and turkey
- Marketable timber throughout the farm (Mainly white oak species)
- Some of the prettiest hardwood oak timber you will see in Southern Iowa
- 127.38 +/- FSA Cropland Acres
- 27.81 +/- Acres in CRP, the three contracts total $4,407 annually
- 15.41 acres, expiring in 2032 paying $3,545 annually
- 3.32 acres, expiring in 2027 paying $263 annually
- 9.08 acres, expiring in 2033 paying $599 annually
- Exclusively managed, owned, and hunted by world renown hunter, outdoor writer, and host of Midwest Whitetail web show, Bill Winke from 2002 – 2019
- Monroe County is arguably one of the top end counties in the state for Boone & Crockett caliber Whitetails
- Monroe County is well known for the “Lovstuen Buck” shot in 2003, and at the time was the World Record scoring 307 ⅞”. This farm is located just a stone’s throw away
- Located 8 miles Southeast from Albia, Iowa
Brief Legal Description
- 387 +/- gross deeded acres located in Monroe County, Iowa, Section 17,18 of Urbana Township. Legal description will come from the abstracts.
- Taxes – TBD
From Albia, Iowa
- Go east on HWY 34 one mile
- Turn right or south on 201st street (Airport Road) and continue for 3.5 miles
- Turn right or south on 219th trail and continue for 1.1 miles
- Turn right or south on 235th street and continue for .5 mile
- Turn left or east on 692nd Ave and continue for 1.2 miles
- Farm is on the south side of the road. No Signs are located on the farm
- All showings are by appointment only! Contact Nick Skinner at 515-650-0974.
All showings are by appointment only! Contact Nick Skinner at 515-650-0974.