$3,233,300 – Pending oFFEr
Dynamic Terrain, Top Shelf Management, and World Class Whitetail Hunting! Located in Monroe County, Iowa lies “A Bowhunters Paradise”…. This turnkey 588 +/- deeded acre whitetail mecca, was set up for the sole purpose of bowhunting world class whitetails. The terrain, minimal pressure, engineered food plot designs, bulletproof entry and exit stand access, interior trail system, eight redneck tower blinds, and a ONE OF A KIND QDM managed neighborhood make up the short list of what makes this farm dynamic to the serious whitetail manager. Located in a very top end neighborhood, where neighboring landowners work together to manage quality age structure, makes this area super special in many ways.
Walk out your back door and experience some of the best whitetail hunting the Midwest has to offer. As you tour the farm, you will see big, hardwood timber oak ridges, CRP acres, tillable farmland acres, thick bedding thickets created by TSI improvements, and abundant cover. With years of hard work spent improving the habitat, the cover on this farm is one that you have to see in person to truly appreciate. The terrain creates numerous bottleneck pitch points deep in the bottoms allowing for close range encounters on those crisp November mornings. The road access allows for seamless entry and exit routes perfect for an easy in and out evening ambush with exterior food plots staged on ridge tops. Interior clover, tuber, and cereal grain food plots with edging transitioning to thick creek bottom cover allow the avid bowhunter endless possibilities for early season through November rut hunts, knowing any minute a giant could appear. Late season grain (corn, bean, and sorghum) plots have been planted in secluded locations close to cover to allow deer to bed close and utilize grains to rebuild after the tough rut conditions. It’s not uncommon to see 40 to 60 deer in the field during late season hunts on this farm. The countless amount of sheds, trail camera photos, and video footage make the history on this farm unmatched on the market. The idea was simple, but the work was not. Quality is king when it comes to premier hunting farms, and this is one of the best whitetail deer farms to ever hit the market.
Home/ Buildings Description
Spacious ranch home on the property was built in 1997, 2,421 sq ft, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 car attached garage, cedar siding, fireplace, walkout basement, new roof, new appliances, new fixtures, new carpet, and recently painted interior. 20×56 steel building with a newly renovated office/living area to entertain family and guests sits north of the home. A brand new 40×60 steel building with 14 foot shed roof and 14 foot eave height used for storing all the necessary equipment needed to maintain the farm sits just north of the original steel building.
For more information on this one of a kind, world class hunting farm, call Land Agent Nick Skinner at 515-650-0974 or Land Broker Luke Skinner at 515-468-3610 today to set up a private showing. Buyers must be qualified and will be asked to show proof of funds.
- ONE OF A KIND PROPERTY
- The age structure in this region of Iowa is world class (See trail camera photos)
- Abundance of wild turkeys
- TSI was done in stages from 2004-2008, great thick nasty bedding cover
- 8 Redneck Tower Blinds come with the property
- Numerous established food plots strategically placed throughout the entire farm
- Interior trail system with multiple creek crossings that have been improved by the current owner
- Numerous wildlife habitat enhancement projects have been created on the farm to help improve the habitat for deer and turkey
- Two ponds (One has had major improvements around the bank for accessibility)
- Marketable timber throughout the farm (Mainly white oak species)
- Some of the prettiest hardwood oak timber you will see in Southern Iowa
- 128.62 +/- FSA Cropland Acres
- 29.62 +/- Acres in CRP, the two contracts total $7,346 annually
- 18.03 acres WCRP (below the house) expires 2025 paying $4,629 annually
- 11.59 acres WCRP (down by the bridge below house) expires 2025 paying $2,717 annually
- Ranch home on the property was built in 1997, 2,421 sq ft, 4 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, 2 car attached garage, cedar siding, fireplace, walkout basement, new roof, new appliances, new fixtures, new carpet, and recently painted interior.
- A 20×56 steel building with a newly renovated office/living area to entertain family and guest’s sits north of the home along the driveway
- Brand new 40×60 steel building with 14 foot shed roof and 14 foot eave height used for storing all the necessary equipment needed to maintain the farm sits just north of the original steel building along the driveway
- Exclusively managed, owned, and hunted by world renown hunter, outdoor writer, and host of Midwest Whitetail web show, Bill Winke from 2002 – 2019
- Monroe County is arguably one of the top end counties in the state for Boone & Crockett caliber Whitetails
- Monroe County is well known for the “Lovstuen Buck” shot in 2003, and at the time was the World Record scoring 307 ⅞”. This farm is located just a stone’s throw away
- Located 8 miles Southeast from Albia, Iowa
Brief Legal Description
- 588 +/- gross deeded acres located in Monroe County, Iowa, Section 9,16 of Urbana Township. Legal description will come from the abstracts. Home address is 7042 219th Trail, Albia Iowa.
- Taxes – TBD
From Albia, Iowa
- Go east on HWY 34 one mile
- Turn right or south on 201st street (Airport Road) and continue for 3.5 miles
- Turn right or south on 219th trail and continue for 2.5 miles
- No Signs are located on the farm
Home Address – 7042 219th Trail Albia, Iowa.
All showings are by appointment only! Contact Nick Skinner at 515-650-0974.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
No feed items found.