$508,000 or $6,350 Per Acre
Iowa Land Company is honored to bring to the public market the Margaret Tiernan Estate. This 80 +/- acres is truly a waterfowl sportsman’s dream. Waterfowl property of this caliber, within 30 minutes of the Des Moines metro is very hard to find. This property sits in the middle of 1000 +/- acres of managed wetland waterfowl property, offering some of the best waterfowl habitat in Central Iowa and is located in the Mississippi flyway. Waterfowl on the property is abundant with a wide variety of species including mallards, pintails, shovelers, teal, widgeon, wood ducks, gadwall, canvasback, snow geese, Canadian geese, Trumpeter swans, and a couple Sandhill cranes. The property offers 77.57 acres of classified farmland that is currently in wetland CRP providing $188.62 per acre of yearly income. The overall total annual CRP income is $14,631.25 until 2023. The land is very eligible for the permanent wetland easement as it is surrounded on three sides by permanent wetlands easements. After two years of new ownership, the new owner could apply for a permanent wetlands easement. A new easement rate has not yet been set, but the county NRCS is recommending $5014 per acre for the payment enrollment into the wetland easement. Another option would be to re-enroll the wetland CRP for a nice annual income.
To set up a private showing on this Madison County, Iowa property, contact Land Broker Matt Skinner 515-443-5004 or Land Broker Luke Skinner 515-468-3610
- Outstanding waterfowl hunting
- Annual wetland CRP income
- Opportunity to establish a wetland easement after 2 years of ownership
- Deer and turkey hunting
- Great location for waterfowl hunting in the fall/spring seasons
- Great location with just short commute from Des Moines Metro
- Located in the Mississippi flyway
- Added deer and turkey hunting for a bonus
Brief Legal Description
- 80 +/- Acres located in Section 32 of Lee Township Madison County, Iowa. Exact legal description will come from the deed.
- Annual Taxes – $1,116
From Cumming, Iowa
- Travel west on Cumming Road 5 miles
- Turn left or go south on Valleyview ave 1 mile.
- Turn right on or go west on 155th st. 1.5 miles, the property will be on the south side of the road.
- Signage will be located on the road.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
No feed items found.