Lucas County 120 Acres – SOLD
Situated in a very remote part of Lucas County, IA, this 120 +/- acre recreational farm is as well rounded as they come in today’s land market. The stellar diversification with hardwood ridges, cedar thickets, ample water, and bedding thermals, with strategically placed food plots, allow deer to call this farm home year around. The farm consists of 46.96 +/- FSA cropland acres, 27.50 +/- acres are currently being farmed in a corn/bean rotation, 11.11 +/- acres are newly enrolled in a CP2 program (details below). The 53.5 CSR2 average on the tillable acres is above the county average giving you options for late season grain plots to hold deer all year. Recently, some of the expired CRP acres have been converted into row crop acres with a local producer providing income and flexibility. Multiple standing grain plots are currently positioned on the farm. Two Muddy tower blinds are located on the farm overlooking food plot locations. Two one acre established food plots are located on the farm providing kill plot opportunities during the bow season. The trail camera history is proof that the farm holds many deer and the age of the bucks are what every serious deer hunter is looking for. One 4.5 year old mature buck was passed in 2021 and pictures confirm he made it through the hunting season.
If you’re looking for a quality South Central Iowa hunting farm within an hour drive of the Des Moines metro, contract Land Broker Nick Skinner at 515-650-0974 or Land Broker Luke Skinner at 515-468-3610. At seller’s request, prospecting buyers must show proof of a pre-approval letter to set up a showing.
- CRP – 11.11 +/- Acres paying $1,533 annually, expiring 9-30-2031
- 27.5 +/- tillable acres paying $1,787.50 annually, farm is leased for the 2022 season
- Diverse farm with a good mix of cedar thickets, native grass, hardwood timber, and agricultural fields providing food annually.
- Carruthers Creek runs through the north end of the property, providing water and great access to multiple stand sites.
- Large grain food plots for late season success.
- South facing timber and draws for bedding in the Winter.
- Two established green plots for bowhunting.
- Food Plot in place ready to plant and hunt in 2022.
- Two Muddy tower blinds.
- Treestands and Radix soft-sided blind ARE NOT included with the sale.
- One pond surrounded by timber, a great warm rut stand location.
- Great trail camera history, multiple mature bucks on the farm yearly.
- One 4.5 year old mature buck (160’s) was passed in 2021 and pictures confirm he made it through the hunting season.
- Abundance of deer and turkeys
- Very remote neighborhood.
- Gravel road access to the north gate.
- Level B road access to the main gate entrance.
- 16 miles from Chariton, Iowa
- 18 miles south of Knoxville, Iowa
- 53 miles from Des Moines, Iowa
Brief Legal Description
- 120 +/- Acres – Lucas County Pleasant TWP Section 11, Range 20W. Exact legal description to come from farm abstract/deed.
- Annual Taxes – TBD
From Knoxville, IA
- Take HWY 14 south 13 miles;
- Turn left on 570th St for 3.5 miles;
- Turn right on 555th St, road is gravel until north gate then turns to Level B minimal maintenance road.
- Sign located at the north gate