Here is a great opportunity to own a sought after recreational farm in Lucas County, Iowa. Food plots have been established, blinds and tree stands have been strategically placed, sanctuaries have been labeled, fruit trees have been spaded in, creek crossings have been taking care of, and interior trail systems have been installed.
The timber on this farm is the exact timber you want to own in South Central Iowa. Hedge, locus, cedars, oaks, and walnut are spread throughout the entire timber making it the perfect whitetail habitat. Two sanctuaries have been created to allow for safe habitat for mature bucks. See daylight trail camera photo’s! Not often do you get East AND West access on a farm under 200 acres. This farm offers just that. A clearing along the entire south border gives you the ability to sneak into their bedroom before light catching them coming back off the grain fields on any high pressure North winds morning.
This farm offers 42 tillable acres that are currently in corn bean rotation and has been 4 out of the last 6 years making the FSA cropland acres eligible for CRP when open enrollment is available again for Lucas county. There is an additional 8.5-acre field that could be converted to tillable that’s currently used for additional bedding habitat if one wanted to maximize the income on the farm.
A 45” by 30” fully enclosed metal building with a concrete floor and large barn is located on the NW corner of the farm. The buildings are perfect for storing food plot equipment or anything hunting / farm related. Hunting is hunting, but if you want to step into a piece where the deck is stack in your favor against these incredibly smart animals call today for the opportunity!
- Turnkey hunting tract located in Lucas County
- 55 miles from Des Moines
- 14 miles from Knoxville
- 20 miles from Red Rock Lake
- less than ½ mile from HWY 14
- Established creek crossings
- Established food plots strategically placed
- Interior road system is established
- East and West access
- 42 tillable acres currently share cropped making approximately $7,000 income annually
- Could add additional 8.5 acre field to cropland acres that’s currently used as extra bedding habitat
- Tillable acres are eligible for CRP when enrollment opens again for Lucas County
- 45” by 30” concrete metal building in good shape located on NW corner of farm
- Large barn located on NW corner of barn
- Farm offers a great building site in the NW corner next to the metal building
- Two large sanctuaries that have only been access during shed season for the past 6 years.
- Thick timber; oaks, walnut, hedge, locus, and cedar trees
- Fruit trees have been established in different locations
Brief Legal Description
160 taxable acres located in Lucas County, Pleasant Township, Section 17. Exact legal description will come from the deed.
- Travel south on HWY 14 13.5 miles
- Turn left or go east on 560th St .2 miles
- Turn right on 290th Ave
- The farm sits on the east side .3 miles down the road