Iowa Land Company is pleased to offer this very unique opportunity in Harrison County, Iowa. The hills of western Iowa are known for spectacular views, public walking access, and tons of public hunting possibilities. Located deep in a big timber section, this western Iowa farm provides ample opportunity for the perfect relocation property or a nice midwestern getaway for one looking to semi-retire and have their own slice of heaven. The property consists of 139.5 +/- acres of rolling timber, native grass ridge top fields, and creek bottom timber. This farm would hunt like 300 acres with all of the ambush locations, food plot potential, and neighboring timber. Packing this farm full of standing grain and green plots, would set the stage for a lights out Loess Hills hunting tract. A large pond was built recently in the middle of the farm. The pond was stocked with largemouth bass, bluegill and catfish. The home was built in 2009 spanning 2,455 Sq Ft on the main floor and offers a nice open floor plan with a real wood fireplace in the main living area. An additional 1500 Sq Ft of finished living in the basement. The home offers three beds and three full baths. The master bedroom has a nice full bath with a walk in closet and heated tile floor. The views from the north facing side of the house are fantastic overlooking the scenic valley. The metal building was built in 2009 spanning 100×40 FT. The north side of the shed has a concrete floor and electric throughout. The south side is cold storage along with horse stalls to house horses or other farm livestock.
A beautiful, long lane leading up to a custom built home with all your toys in the large steel shed ready to go for year around country living; what more could you ask for. We have had the opportunity to market many farms throughout the years, and this farm is truly a western Iowa gem. Call Land Broker Luke Skinner at 515-468-3610 or Matt Skinner at 515-443-5004 today to sell up your all day showing on this spectacular farm in Harrison County, IA.
- Nice timber compensation
- 24.02 acres currently in CRP paying a total of $5,860 annually. See CRP contracts for details
- Trails throughout for good access
- Creek Bottom corridors
- Excellent turkey/deer hunting farm
- Ample food plot locations and native grasses
- Large pond
- Secluded farm
- Custom built home
- 100×40 building half finished/concrete floors
- Year around equipment storage
Brief Legal Description
- 139.5 +/- Acres located in Section 2 Magnolia TWP Harrison County, IA Exact legal to come from farm abstract.
- Taxes $8,074 estimated annually – Some timbered acres are in the timber reserve program.
From Woodbine, Iowa
- Take Easton Trail 8 miles northwest to 160th St
- Take a left (west) on 160th for ¼ mile until you get to Morgan Ave.
- Take Morgan Ave. south for ¾ mile until you get to 173rd Trail.
- Take 173rd Trail back east for 1/4th mile. The home and building are the first drive way north.
Address – 2479 173rd St Woodbine, IA 51579