Located in the Lucas County, IA in the South Central Iowa region this 91 acre tract is a diamond of a farm. Gentle rolling tillable farmland, CRP and short timber cover makes for the perfect mix of hunting and return. This investment tract will provide both yearly return and hunting for the family or the serious deer hunter. The farm consist of a 31.60 acre if CRP, 28 acres of flat tillable, with the balance being timber and cedar cover. The major soil types for the cropland acres are Pershing silty clay loam and Grundy silty clay loam. The cropland acres have a CSR2 rating of 48.8. The farm sets up well for october bowhunting and late season gun hunting. The current owner took a 186” Boone and Crockett buck off the farm last January. He also mentioned 35-50 deer a night were feeding out in the cut beans while they were hunting last year. This farm has a ton of potential, if someone where to leave 2 acres of standing grain and or planted a food plot in the west finger field the chances would be lights out to capitalize on a good buck every year. For more information on this south central Iowa combination tract contact land agents Luke Skinner 515-468-3610 or Nick Skinner 515-650-0974 to set up a private showing.
- New gated entrance
- Small pond on the south side of the farm
- Diverse farm with CRP, Timber, Row Crop
- Food Plot locations on the farm
- Quality CSR2 rating
- Like minded neighbors in the area
- Farm is tiled and terraced where needed
- CRP based on 31.60 acres at $131.87 per acre $4,167 yearlyContact expires 9-30-2021
- 28 acres row crop leased on a year to year contract $4,340
- Take state hwy 14 south out of Chariton, IA. Take a left and head east on 422nd street stay on that until you hit 242nd ave. Go south on 242nd until you hit 410th street. Take 410th to 255th ave, take 255th north to 417th street. Go west on 417th ¼ mile. Farm with be on the north side of the road. The gates are red.
Brief Legal Description
Benton TWP Section 22, exact legal description to be taken from abstract
Taxes to be reconfigured prior to a successful closing