Situated in a very popular part of Lucas County, Iowa, this 17.28 +/- acre recreational/country living farm is exactly what buyers are looking for in today’s market. Affordable purchase price with hunting and the potential to build. The farm consists of 11.15 +/- timber acres, 6.13 +/- acres are currently being baled for hay by a local farmer. A 1/4 acre established clover plot is located on the north end of the farm providing kill plot opportunities during the bow season. The farm borders over 4,000 acres of Stephens State Forest public hunting, allowing you to build a cabin or home on the property and have unlimited access to thousands of acres for enjoyment. The trail camera history is proof that the farm holds mature bucks. If you’re looking for a quality South Central hunting farm within an hour drive of the Des Moines metro contract Land Broker Nick Skinner at 515-650-0974 or Land Broker Luke Skinner at 515-468-3610.
- 17.28 +/- Acres
- 6.13 +/- Acres that are currently being baled for hay, could be additional food plots.
- 69.4 CSR2
- Small clover food plot for bow season success.
- Multiple locations to build a cabin or home.
- Country living views and atmosphere
- Paved road access
- Great trail camera history, multiple mature bucks on the farm yearly
- Abundance of deer and turkeys
- Borders over 4,000 acres of Stephens State Forest public hunting
- 1 mile from Lucas, Iowa
- 17 miles from Osceola, Iowa
- 28 miles south of Indianola, Iowa
- 45 miles from Des Moines, Iowa
Brief Legal Description
- 17.28 +/- Acres – Lucas County Jackson TWP Section 23, Range 23W. Exact legal description to come from farm abstract/deed.
- Taxes – $TBD
From Lucas, Iowa
- Take HWY 65 south 1 mile;
- Farm is located on the west side of the road, no for sale sign per seller’s request.