834 +/- Acres located in Southern Plymouth County, IA. This simply is one of the most unique and rare tracts to ever be offered in Northwest Iowa. An open canvas consisting of rolling ridge prairie and deep hardwood bottoms. The ranch is littered with deer and turkey sign from front to back. The rugged terrain is made of virgin Loess soils, this tract is rare to its kind. Located just north of Stone State Park, in the heart of the historical Loess Hills, sits the Hummel Ranch. This landscape is hard to put in words, this might very well be one of the most authentic Loess Hills tracts left in this region.
The potential for this farm is endless, with multiple viewpoints, along with county highway access points, this ranch really could be made into anything one may desire. The ranch has entry and exit points from both HWY D-12 and K-18. The current cattle operator has 75 +/- cow calf pairs grazing on the acres. Also included is roughly an acre and a half pond with electrical already in place. Whether you are looking to extend your grazing acres or build a top end hunting farm in the beautiful hills of Northwest Iowa this ranch has all the credentials to do just that. Contact Land Agent/ Auctioneer Luke Skinner 515-468-3610 or Land Broker Matt Skinner 515-443-5004 to learn more about this unique property or to set up a private showing Shown by appointment only.
- Located in Plymouth County, Iowa
- Beautiful views from high on the bluffs overlooking SD bottom ground
- Grass acres for the cow calf operator
- A fantastic hunting farm with top end potential
- Littered with deer and turkey sign
- Bordering to 1600 acre Stone State Park that is not hunted
- Loess Hills history
Brief Legal Description
- Located in Hancock TWP Section 25,26,27,35 Plymouth County, IA
- $4930 estimated
Plymouth County, Iowa
- From Riverside, IA go North on D-12 4 miles the main entrance to the ranch will be on the east side of D-12
- K-18 Access from Memorial Rd go North on K-18 for 2.5 miles. Access on multiple tracts will be on the west of K-18. See signs for details.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
No feed items found.