Monroe County 975 – SOLD
Dynamic Terrain, Top Shelf Management, and World Class Whitetail Hunting! Located in Monroe County, Iowa lies “The Winke Farm”…. Managed since 2002 by world renown hunter, outdoor writer, and host of Midwest Whitetail web show, Bill Winke. This turnkey 975 +/- acre whitetail meca was set up for the sole purpose of bowhunting world class whitetails. The terrain, minimal pressure, engineered food plot designs, bulletproof entry and exit stand access, interior trail system, seven redneck tower blinds, and a ONE OF A KIND QDM managed neighborhood make up the short list of what makes this farm dynamic to the serious whitetail manager. The Winke farm was crafted by nine land acquisitions throughout the years connecting neighboring farms to build a year after year producer for the past 15 years. Located in a very top end neighborhood, where neighboring landowners work together to manage quality age structure, making this area super special in many ways.
Walk out your back door and experience some of the best whitetail hunting the Midwest has to offer. As you tour the farm, you will see big timber oak ridges, CRP, tillable farmland, thick bedding thickets created by TSI improvements, and abundant cover. The cover on this farm is one that you have to see in person to appreciate. The terrain creates numerous bottle neck pinch points deep in the bottoms allowing for close range combat. Road access on the farm is ideal for entry and exists with exterior food plots staged on ridge tops perfect for an easy in and out evening ambush. Interior clover, tuber, and cereal grain food plots with edging transitioning to thick creek bottom cover allow the avoid bowhunter endless possibilities for early season through November rut hunts, knowing any minute a giant could appear. Late season grain (corn, bean, and sorghum) plots have been planted in secluded locations close to cover allow deer to bed close and utilize grains to rebuild after the tough rut conditions. It’s not uncommon to see 50 to 60 deer in the field during late season hunts on this farm. The countless amount of sheds, trail camera photos, and video footage make the history Bill has with this farm unmatched on the market. The idea was simple, the work was not. From designing footplots, countless hours of TSI and habitat improvement projects, to managing the highly over populated deer herds in the late 2000’s, every hour was a token of sweat equity. Quality is king when it comes to premier hunting farms, this could possibly be the best whitetail deer farm to ever hit the market. Price point to size, home/cabin, dynamic terrain, top shelf management, world class whitetail hunting, and 18 years of history you’re buying the best of the best in the heart of IOWA. For a full day showing, call Land Agent Nick Skinner at 515-650-0974 or Land Broker Luke Skinner at 515-468-3610.
Home/ Buildings Description
Spacious ranch home on the property was built in 1997, 2,421 sq ft, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 car attached garage, cedar siding, fireplace, walkout basement, new roof, porch, and deck. 40×60 Steel building with newly renovated office/living area to entertain family and guests.
- ONE OF A KIND PROPERTY
- Exclusively managed and hunted by world renown hunter, outdoor writer, and host of Midwest Whitetail web show, Bill Winke since 2002.
- Since 2005, (14 seasons) 10 bucks over 180” inches have been harvested all with archery equipment.
- The age structure in this part of Iowa is world class (See trail camera photos)
- Abundance of wild turkeys
- TSI was done in stages from 2004-2008, great thick nasty bedding cover
- 7 Redneck Tower Blinds come with the property
- Numerous established food plot locations throughout the entire farm
- Interior trail system
- Two ponds
- Marketable timber throughout the farm
- Some of the prettiest hardwood oak timber you will see in Southern Iowa
- 180-200 +/- Cropland Acres
- Numerous wildlife habitat enhancement projects have been created on the farm to help improve the habitat for deer and turkey.
- 94 Acres in CRP, the contracts total $18,455
- 9.08 acres tree buffer expires 2033 (approx. $60/acre) =$544 annual
- 18 acres WCRP (below the house) expires 2025 at $257/acre = $4,626 annual
- 11.6 acres WCRP (down by the bridge below house) expires 2025 at $234/acre = $2,714 annual
- 9.4 acres filter strip expires 2022 at $268/acre = $2,519 annual
- 42.8 acres regular CRP (big field along road on the 400-acre piece) expires 2022 at $182/acre = $7,790 annual
- 3.3 acres tree buffer expires 2027 at $79/acre = $261 annual
- Ranch home on property was built in 1997, 2,421 sq ft, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathroom, 2 car attached garage, cedar siding, fireplace, walkout basement, new roof, porch, and deck.
- 40×60 Steel building with newly renovated office/living area to entertain family and guest’s.
- Monroe County is arguably one of the top end counties in the state for Boone & Crockett caliber Whitetails.
- Monroe County is well known for the “Lovstuen Buck” shot in 2003, and at the time was the World Record scoring 307 ⅞”. This farm is located just a stone’s throw away.
- Located 8 miles from Albia, Iowa
Brief Legal Description
- 975 +/- Acres located in Monroe County, Iowa, Urbana TWP Section 9, 10, 16, 17, 18
- Annual Taxes – N/A
From Albia, Iowa
- 8 Miles SW of Albia
RECENT BLOG POSTS
No feed items found.