$2,639,080 or $8,500 per Acre
This is one of the nicest farms I have been able to bring to market, enough roll to drain well, improved waterways, and an all-around producer. Farms of this caliber don’t come up for sale often in this part of the state! This 310.48 +/- acres sits in far Western Cedar County on the Johnson / Cedar County line; 2 miles north of West Branch, Iowa and approximately 6 miles east of Iowa City, Iowa. Here is a great opportunity to purchase an extremely well taken care of farm offering 296 +/- cropland acres. The cropland acres consist of 275.20 +/- tillable acres and 28 – 30 +/- hay acres which are used as well taken care of waterways. The average CSR2 on the tillable acres is 77.9, which is above the county average.
The farm has an existing agriculture lease with a local tenant through February 28, 2023. The current cash rent income is $94,944.00 ($345 an acre X 275.2 tillable acres) on an annual basis, if you would like to see a copy of the lease contact Land Agent Nick Skinner. For the investor, this farm is a cash cow, at asking price it produces a 3.6% gross return which is well above average for farmland of this quality across all of Iowa. For the local operator, sit back and collect a big rent check for a couple years before dragging your own equipment through the dirt knowing this farm is being farmed the way it should. In 2012 and 2015, the owners executed the following improvements, Waterways & Terrace, Water Sediment and Control Basin, and Grade Stabilization Structure Programs. These improvements total $101,171, which were part of Cost Shared Assistance Programs. The farm has been approved for another cost share waterway project through the USDA office, which will only add to the excellent drainage throughout the farm.
You don’t have to know much about farmland to understand this farm is a producer! Come take a look at this immaculate farm on the Cedar / Johnson County line you WILL NOT be disappointed, call Land Agent Nick Skinner at 319-440-0974 or Land Broker Cody Skinner at 515-443-6343 today to set up a private showing
- 310.48 acres
- 296 +/- cropland acres
- 275.2 +/- tillable acres
- 28 – 30 +/- hay acres / waterways
- Current agriculture lease through February 28, 2023
- $94,944.00 ($345 an acre X 275.2 tillable acres)
- 3.6% gross return at asking price
- 77.9 CSR2 on tillable acres
- $101,171 Total of Cost Shared Assistance for Waterway Improvements (2012, 2015)
- 2 grain bins included in the sale
- Both bins are 12,000 bushel capacity and were built in 1978
- PLC Yield
- 154 Corn
- 56 Soybeans
- Located 2 miles north of West Branch, Iowa and 6 miles east of Iowa City, Iowa
Brief Legal Description
- 310.48 +/- acres located in Cedar County, Iowa; Gower Township, Section 19 & 30. Exact legal will come from the deed.
- Taxes – $9,532 Annually
From West Branch, Iowa
- Travel 2 miles north out of town on Baker Ave
- Turn left or go west on gravel road 265th St.
- Stay on 265th St 1/2 mile traveling west
- The south end of the farm is located on the north side of the road
- Look for “For Sale” signs.