This 49 acre farm in northern Wapello County gives the hunter or investor plenty of options. This property consists of 26.63 acres of current cropland. More tillable acres could be farmed or cash rented on this tract. Several nice building locations exist to build that dream home, providing a country living lifestyle. This farm may be eligible for CRP enrollment after one year of new ownership which could provide the new owners with a very respectable return on their investment. A solid mix of habitat, food and fringe make this an attractive farm to both deer, turkey, and upland game. The thick bedding, thermal cover and south facing slopes hold deer year-round. There are several distinct bedding areas that can be used as sanctuaries. This farm sets up perfect for food plots with easy access to blinds or stand locations the entire property abounds in deer sign and has not been hunted on for the past 3 seasons. Please see photos of deer harvest and trail camera pictures. A short drive to shopping or work in Ottumwa and 1 hour 15 minutes on HWY 63/163 to Des Moines. Minutes from the Ottumwa regional airport. Call land agent Doug Knott at 641-799-1746 for information on current income or to schedule a showing. A small farm with this much diversity won’t last! Showings are by appointment only.
- Great building site
- Country living
- Electricity and Rural water
- 26.63 acres of current cropland acres
- Good return on investment
- Bedding and food plot locations
- High percentage of quality tillable
- Deer, turkey, and upland hunting
- A short drive to shopping or work in Ottumwa and 1 hour 15 minutes on HWY 63/163 to Des Moines.
- Minutes from Ottumwa Regional airport.
Brief Legal Description
49 +/- acres located in Wapello County; Richland township, section 16
Taxes $570 annually
- From Hwy 149 north of Ottumwa turn left on hwy 389 go 1.0 miles turn right on airport road, go 1.5 miles slight left to stay on airport road, go 1.8 miles turn left on Richland road, go .8 miles to farm on left.