$2,150,000 or $7,812 Per Acre
This is one of the nicest river bottom farms we have had a chance to bring to market. This 275.19 +/- acres sits in Northern Louisa County roughly 5 miles south of the Muscatine County line, 4.5 miles east of Grandview, Iowa, and approximately 8 miles northeast of Wapello, Iowa. Here is a great opportunity to purchase a well taken care of farm offering 268.18 +/- cropland acres. The cropland acres consist of 266.19 +/- tillable acres and 9 +/- acres of drainage culverts allowing water to drain properly. The average CSR2 on the tillable acres is 67.
The farm has an existing agriculture lease with a local tenant through March 1, 2022. The current cash rent income is $76,000 on an annual basis. For the farmland investor this farm offers a strong return, at asking price it produces a 3.5% gross return (which could be higher with a waterfowl hunting lease) which makes for a strong long-term investment (Iowa farmland is a very sound investment). For the local operator, sit back and collect a big rent check this year before dragging your own equipment through the dirt knowing this farm is being farmed the way it should. For the investor with waterfowl interest, this farm gives you a great return yearly with the opportunity to hunt ducks and geese throughout the fall. Situated between Mark Twain National Wildlife Refuge and Port Louisa National Wildlife Refuge this farm is in a great location for waterfowl hunting with a little work.
If you’re looking for a sound investment or to add on acres to your current operation, call Land Agent Jim Davis at 641-777-5484 or Land Agent Nick Skinner at 515-650-0974 today to set up a private showing.
- 275.19 acres
- 268.18 cropland acres
- 266.19 tillable acres
- 67 CSR2 on tillable acres
- 9 +/- drainage ditch acres
- Current agriculture lease through March 1st, 2022
- 3.5% gross return at asking price
- Farm is leased for 2021 farming season
- Great waterfowl area along the Mississippi river flyway
- See FSA information for PLC Yield information
- Located 4.5 miles east of Grandview, Iowa and 8 miles northeast of Wapello, Iowa
Brief Legal Description
- 275.19 +/- acres located in Louisa County, Iowa; Port Louisa Township, Section 31. Exact legal will come from the deed.
- Taxes – $8,120 Estimate Annually
From Grandview, Iowa
- Travel 2 miles east out of town on 148th Street
- Continue on H Ave for another 2 miles
- Turn left on Co Rd. X61 for .4 miles
- The farm is located on the north side of the road
- Look for “For Sale” signs.