This is what everyone is looking for! 40 Acres Decatur County with a home as well as great hunting and fishing out the back door!
Located on hard surface HWY 2 10 miles East of Leon, Iowa or 7 miles South East of Garden Grove, Iowa sits this approximately 1600 sq. ft. 3 bedroom 3 bath home/cabin with a wood burning fire place. A wrap around deck overlooking a 2 acre pound stocked with fish was recently added. There are several outbuildings in place and two large barns on the property to give the new landowner extra storage for outdoor tools and toys. The upstairs on the home has been newly remodeled with no corners cut during the project. Call land agent Cody Skinner for details.
Steel Creek runs the entire East border of the property making a perfect travel corridor for the bow hunter looking to catch a buck on the cruise heading towards the large blocks of timber to the North or South in search for his next doe. The farm offers an 8 acre field that has been in corn and soybean rotation providing about $1,300 a year in income. The bottom field also serves for a good food plot location pulling deer from miles. An additional clover food plot approximately 1 acre in size is tucked away below the pond hidden from any road. (Most of the trail camera pictures came from this food plot.) There are a couple key pinch points within the white oak timber that are a must see. The farm is tore up with deer and turkey sign.
This is a great opportunity for a surrounding landowner to call this place “home” and pick up an entire different deer herd to hunt. For the family wanting to get out of town and enjoy patio time this might just be the piece you’re looking for. Call today for a private showing!
- Address 33769 State HWY 2. Garden Grove, Iowa 50103
- 7 miles South East of Garden Grove, Iowa
- 10 miles E of Leon, IA
- 65 miles South of Des Moines Iowa
- 8 Acre field currently being farmed
- $1,300 yearly income
- Makes for a good food plot location
- 1 acre clover food plot that’s hidden well from the road
- Tower blind on food plot that stays with the property
- 2 acre pond stocked with fish
- Steel Creek runs the East property line making a great travel corridor for bucks during the rut
- Beautiful white oak timber
- 1600 sq. ft. home newly remodeled upstairs.
- 3 bedrooms
- 3 baths
- Wood fireplace
- New walnut cabinets in kitchen
- New rustic hickory hardwoods floors
- New appliances
- New wrap around porch
- New roof
From Leon, IA travel East on HWY 2 10.2 miles. The farm sits on the south side of the road. Sign is on entrance.
33769 State HWY 2.
Garden Grove, Iowa 50103